Troop 370 Parent Meeting Minutes August 11, 2014
1 PLC Report: John R, SPL
Planning for Sand Dunes campout – may go canoeing or orienteering. Next month is Taylor’s Falls – big recruiting event. October – Camporee. Will consider working on MB requirements at meetings.
September – Taylors Falls camp
2 Scoutmaster Report: Mike K, SM
Plan draft of 2015 activities is available. Please advise of conflicts if known.
3 Team Reports
- Voyager Bay – Summer 2014. Recap – send photos, videos, etc from camp to Andrew R (webmaster)
- Sand Dunes – currently have 4 Scouts – need more adults.
- Philmont 2015 – no report
- Halloween Walk – no report
3.2 Quartermaster – Chris J
Trailer maintenance night this Wednesday.
3.2.1 Fleet Maintenance – Nick H.
3.2.2 Tent Evaluation Committee – Tyler T / Chris J.
3.2.3 Merit Badge Library – Margie S
3.3 Advancement Paul S
MB counselor updates
Eagle status – 2 Eagle boards are scheduled.
3.4.1 Troop Records – Larry G
Roster update – looking for someone to take over as Larry wants to be more active in his boy’s Cub Scout Pack
3.4.2 Recruiting – Nathan B
- EA All Troop Open House – 28 August
- Taylors Falls – September recruiting event
- ISM Open House – September 2 – will be participating. Also advising them on how to set up Cub Scout Pack.
- Had some banners made – 1 for travel, 1 to be posted at the church
- Flyers on Taylors Falls camp I September
- Updates to web page will make it much easier to join
3.5 Training Don R
- Need to get ASMs through training
- University of Scouting is in the fall
- We no longer have a training chair
3.6 Service TC
Blessing of Animals is 4 October
Loaves & Fishes – feed at St Stephens
3.7 Communications John N
Website updates – see notes under recruiting.
3.8 Finance Tyler T
No report; we have roughly 10k
3.9 Charter Report
- will be meeting in October and November in the Lighthouse room
- can only sell wreaths for two weekends at the church
- can put up flyers on community nights, ie Sundays
- Ministry Fair is Sep 13-14, can give slides for gym presentation
- Cub Scout leader is interested in support / help from our Troop
4 Other Reports
4.1 Cub Scouts
4.2 Venture Group
Will be with us at Taylor’s Falls
Conclave is weekend Sep 19 - 21
4.4 Mustang District Don R
Had first round table in August. Would like recharter back by November 6. District Camporee is in October in Rum River. JTE 2.0 – need plan; commo of pla; budget; timely charter; training. We are in a good place on all of these.