June Parent Meeting Minutes

Troop 370 Parent Meeting Minutes                                                                                        June 9, 2014

 

1 PLC Report:  John R, SPL

 

John R is new SPL. Last weekend was a Voyager camp work weekend – worked on archery range. Only 3 Scouts attended. This month, canoeing on St Croix, 20-22 June. Also planning for summer camp. Articles are requested from Scouts about last campout and Joshua Tree trip.


2 Scoutmaster Report: Mike K, SM

 

Summer camp – 11 Scouts registered so far, a little light. Voyager Bay work weekend – only 3 Scouts attended, worked on archery range. Opportunity to bring 10 & 11 year olds into Troop. Liaison with International School is an option. Scout volunteered to work with Cub Scouts – could use an adult volunteer recruiter. Will need 2 active ASM’s to support Troop.

 

3              Team Reports 

3    

3.1   Activities/Camping                                

St Croix – canoeing – 20 -22 June. 10 days out – only 4 confirmed Scouts.

Voyager Bay – Summer 2014. Planning meetings continue. Choosing MBs for summer camp online at www.troop370.net/mb14.

Troop 370 Financial Support for Ranges:  Motion to date - $500 one-time to support ranges. Seconded; unanimously passed. This is in addition to the work down moving the shotgun range.

Isle Royale – Summer 20014. As a group, don’t have enough to participate unless several sign-up tonight.

Philmont – Summer 2015. Keep MSA weekend open. Might book in early September..

Halloween Walk – no report.

 

3.2               Quartermaster  Chris J

Chris J is new adult QM as of May.

3.2.1          Fleet Maintenance – Nick H.

Recent training conducted – accomplished a lot, was good training.

3.2.2          Tent Evaluation Committee – Tyler T / Chris J.

No report.

3.2.3          Merit Badge Library – Margie S

Nothing new.

 

3.3               Advancement                                                                   Paul S

 

MB applications available for new ASM’s;  can be renewed each year; every four years need a new application

 

Eagle status – a couple of young meen need to look at

 

Eagle Project – Hayden H – Band Camp needs chairs, 45th anniversary of the man who started the camp. Adirondack chairs to be built is the plan.

 

Drew N – Eagle banquet to be held at All Saints Lutheran in Minnetonka.

 

 

3.4   Membership                                            

3.4.1      Troop Records – Larry G

Nothing new to report.

3.4.2      Recruiting – Nathan B

Int’l School – will know by end of June if they want to work with us as a “partner.”

Webelos Transition – Fall 2014.

 

3.5 Training                                                        Don R

Trying to set up outside training portion of Scouting fundementals.

Wood Bridge calls in September.

 

3.6 Service                                                          TC

Walk Pray Run May 17th – 3 Scouts participated (Andrew L, Jackson P, Walter T)

 

3.7 Communications                                      John N

 

-          Use website submittal process to send info to webmaster Andrew R.                            

3.8 Finance                                                         Tyler T

                               

No report; we have roughly 10k

 

 

   Other Reports 

 

4.1          Cub Scouts                                                         

No report

4.2          Venture Group                                                

No report.


4.3          OA                                                                          Steve N

No report

4.4          Mustang District                                              Don R

No report