Troop 370 Parent Meeting Minutes March 9, 2015
1 PLC Report: Eric C, SPL.
2 Scoutmaster Report: Mike K, SM
3/16, setting up camp demo for Cub Scouts – next Monday. Mike Z will not be here for this; Scouts show up at 6 PM, starts at 6:30 PM
3/23, meeting here for carpool to Straysys, tour begins at 6 PM, in lieu of meeting
3/30, no meeting, EP schools Spring Break
Week 2 of Fast Track with new Scouts in session, going well
3 Team Reports
March – Philmont prep: will prep the same weekend as campout at Afton Alps; will back-pack in; will need to plan next week for the campout to take place 20-22 March
Stratysys – plan is to do on Monday in lieu of a Scout event
April – Ajawah – typically in March; plan to have a cooking competition – 24-26 April. Located in Wyoming MN, 45-60 minutes from here.
Advancement – Paul S
Motion that we buy ten (10) Legacy books for Eagle Scouts as they qualify; passed unanimously
Quartermaster – Chris J
Partnership Idea – Troop 290 in Glen Lake – John N introduced Tom C, SM of Trrop 290 near EP High School, consider partnering to take advantage of strengths of each Troop. We will host them at Ajawah in April; they will host us at their “Techo-Nite” at a time to be determined – to see how the boys get along.
3.5 Training Steve N
- No report
3.6 Service TC
- Pax wants grounds cleaned up between now and Palm Sunday. Plan to do some clean-up before 3/23 meeting.
3.7 Communications John N
- Website update – no report
3.8 Finance Tyler T
- Report on actual financials 2013 – 15 as well as budget 2015. Fundraising is dropping, primarily because fewer Scouts.
- Need to budget for and break even on summer camp
- Equipment – will need to spend on some, especially tents
- Friends of Scouting – last night to give
3.9 Charter Report
- No report
4 Other Reports
4.1 Cub Scouts
- Monthly Pack Meetings – will be moving to Mondays
4.2 Venture Group
- Open House – on Monday March 23 after a recruiting event on Saturday March 21 from 10-12.
Dues: need to pay if they apply
Boys held elections tonight; adults need to do by April 15th.
4.4 Mustang District Don R